NALCO., Damanjodi (Odisha)
Mode of Execution
EDP, FEED & Project Management Services
Brown field smelter capacity augmentation from 1.575 MMTPA to 2.1 MMTPA.
Stacker & Reclaimer, Crushing & Grinding, Pre/Post Desilication, Digestion, HRD/DCW, Security Filter, Precipitation, Heat Exchanger, Calcination, Evaporation etc.
Caustic Soda Unloading from Ship at Vizag Port and Wagon unloading facilities at Plant.
Total Project Cost
Caustic Effluent Disposal & Red Mud disposal system leading to Zero Effluent discharge
- Introduction of state-of-the-art technology i.e. HRD/DCW, Diaster Filter, Vibrating Grinder thereby reducing the losses.
- Engineering & design of Tanks up to the capacity of 4500 M3 and 35 M in heights.
- Centralized compressed air system designed to cater the requirement of compressed air for better logistics, cost benefit & low maintenance.
150 nos. of vendors dealt with for procurement.
- 40 nos. of contractors engaged at site including package contractors.
- Difficult geographical location and hilly terrain coupled with heavy rainfall posed considerable challenges.
No Loss Time Accident.